If you want to remove the Search box on your Service Manager Portal you could edit the CSS file for the site. Below I will describe how.
To remove the Search box do the following.
1. Browse to the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extension\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\SMPortalSharePointSiteFeatures\CSSModule.
2. Open the file SMPortalCSS.CSS and search for “search”.
From the beginning all configurations is on one line. Below I have changed the layout and put the configuration on different lines.
3. Add the option “visibility:hidden”.
4. Reset IIS with IISReset.
5. Change the theme for the SMPortal.
6. Change back the theme for the SMPortal.
Now it should be gone!